JDW KNOWS TRUCKING INSURANCE – ASK US!
- Fleets – (Fleet pricing and reporting options start at 11+ power units to no size limits)
- Owner Operators – (We can offer quotes from our network insurance companies to find your right coverage and help you increase your bottom line)
- Small Fleets – (Small truck fleet insurance pricing starting 5 to 10 power units)
- New Authority – (Starting a new authority can be costly if you overpay or do not have the correct coverages)
- Hazmat – (All classes) – New Authority – Owner Operators – Fleet Discounts
- UIIA – Filing and support – New Authority – Owner Operators – Fleet Discounts
- Amazon – (We have many clients who work in the different Amazon Relay programs)
- Uber Freight – (currently requires a 53-foot dry van and reefer breakdown if hauling reefer. In some areas Uber may rent you trailers)
- High Risk – (You may be high risk to one insurer but not another – we can help you find out)
- Canceled / Non-Renewed – (Sudden cancellation or non-renews can mean not getting loads. We can move fast to help you keep your authority active)
- Rapid Growth Programs – (Under pressure to stop growing or worried about being canceled for rapid growth? We have a program that will let you grow at your own pace without these worries
- These are some example of trucking operations we can offer quotes to:
- For Hire Truckers
- Any Radius
- Long Haul Trucking Operations
- Intermediate Trucking Operations
- Dry van
- General Freight
- Wide loads / Oversize loads
- Metal: sheets, coils, rolls
- Machinery, Large Objects
- Logs, Poles, Beams, Lumber
- Fresh Produce
- Intermodal - Containers
- Oilfield Equipment
- Commodities Dry Bulk
- Refrigerated Food
- Paper Products
- Grain Haulers
- Fertilizer (Bagged, Bulk, Liquid)
- Lumber Haulers
- Logging Trucks
- Lumber Yards
- Wood Chip Delivery
- Produce Haulers
- Pulp Wood
- Dirt, Rock, Sand, Or Gravel
- General Aggregate Products
- Hay Haulers
- Asphalt And Paving
- Cement Or Ready Mix
- Contaminated Dirt Or Dirty Dirt
- Contractors’ Equipment
- Construction Equipment
- Heavy Equipment
- Heavy Haul
- Building Supplies
- Pre-Fabricated Buildings
- Pre-Fabricated Concrete
- Ready Mix Operations
- Pallet Haulers
- Pipe Haulers
- Wholesale Food Distribution
- Dry Food Products
- Refrigerated Products
- Dry Freight
- Milk Haulers
- Liquid Food Products
- Seafood Delivery
- Crude Oil Haulers
- Water Haulers (Including Fracking)
- Contaminated Dirt Or Dirty Dirt
- Diesel Fuel Hauler
- Gasoline Hauler
- Chemical Haulers
- Jet Fuel Haulers
- Coal Haulers
- Butane Hauler
- Propane Hauler
- Fertilizer (Bagged, Bulk, Liquid)
- Fracking Liquids
- Hazardous Waste Haulers
- Home Heating Oil
- Fuel Haulers
- Garbage Haulers
- Waste Oil
- Waste Disposal
- Tank Trucks
- Recycled Grease Or Oil
- Oil Filled Equipment Haulers
- Scrap Metal
- Lab Waste Haulers
- Medical Waste Haulers
- Bio Hazard Haulers
- Medical Equipment Haulers
- Auto Transport
- Auto Parts Haulers
- Car Carriers
- Mobile Home Totter
- Container Haulers
- Containerized Freight
- Dump Truck Operations
- Explosive Hauler
- Bulk Liquid Haulers
- Metal Dealers
- Metal Transporters
- Mining Equipment
- Paper Products
- Steel Haulers
- UIIA Hauler
- From one application we can shop & compare commercial truck insurance rates for the top-rated commercial truck insurance companies for you. We will help you find the required commercial truck insurance coverages at affordable rates.
Here are some of the top rated commercial truck insurance companies which offer commercial truck insurance quotes.
- Berkley Prime
- Falls Lake
- Great Lakes
- Allied World
- Ace Hazmat
- ACE Fleet
- United Specialty
- A-One RRG
- Tokio Marine
- Sompo International
- National General
- Great American
- ACE / Westchester
- National Casualty / Nationwide
- Scottsdale Brokerage
- Crum Forster
- James River
- IFG - Burlington
- Carolina Casualty
Each fleet can have a different need. Not one policy fits all. JDW has many trucking insurance markets we can shop and compare for you from to find you the best policy to suit your needs.
Some of our Trucking Programs include:
- Scheduled Vehicles
- Mileage Based Programs
- Gross Revenue Policies
- All endorsements and COI requests are handle in-house by our dedicated team.
- Safety consulting through our carriers and third party.
- Variety of payment options.
- Self-insured retention policies.
- High Risk
- Rapid Growth
- Cancelled / Non-Renewed
- Comprehensive packages for your insurance needs.
Eligible Classes for our Fleet Insurance Trucking Programs but not limited to:
- Dry Van
- Refrigerated Goods
- Hazmat (all classes)
- Flatbed Haulers
- Non-Hazardous Liquid Commodities
- Box Trucks
- High Risk
- And many more.
If you have 11 + plus power units and have been insured for at least one year. This option may be for you. We realize shopping for quotes and starting a new relationship with a new trucking insurance agent can be stressful. And if the new agent cannot deliver then this could be a waste of time. We realize time is money.
And we look to save our clients both.
We offer a quick and free overview. Form this form we can do a quick assessment of your company. JDW will review your CSA scores, violations if any, basic alerts, and your insurance history.
You are under no obligation to purchase insurance from us for this free review.
- Auto Liability – $1,000,000 limit with excess up to $5,000,000.
- General Liability – $1,000,000 limit with excess up to $5,000,000
- Trailer Interchange Agreement – from $20,000 with excess up to $100,000.
- Broad Cargo Coverage – limits up to $1,000,000.
- Non Trucking Liability – up to $1,000,000 written on policy as needed.
- Terminal and Container Yard Coverage – $100,000 limit with excess up to $5,000,000.
- Warehouseman’s Liability – $2,000,000 with excess up to $10,000,000.
UIIA Equipment Providers - COI requirements - Additional insurance. Any auto. Hired auto and sometimes more. JDW has login in credentials to the UIIA to help make sure you are set up properly.
We know the Amazon Relay requirements:
No matter if you are an owner operator or a fleet. JDW can help you get the correct Amazon Relay insurance requirements in place. We have helped many.
We have programs designed for owner operators, small fleets and for those wishing to grow fast.
- An active DOT number with interstate authority and a valid MC number
- A “Carrier” entity type that is Authorized for Property and for Hire
- A Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Safety Rating of “Satisfactory,” “None,” or “Not Rated”
- All required insurance policies including:
- Commercial General Liability not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 in the aggregate
- Auto Liability not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence, including a trailer replacement coverage of $50,000
- Cargo coverage of least $100,000
- Workers’ Compensation insurance in all jurisdictions where your company operates
- Employer Liability not less than $100,000 per occurrence
Starting a New Authority?
We can help you. When you start buying insurance for your new authority our suggestion is to think it through. You are not just driving a truck now but you have to learn about commercial truck insurance. JDW can help you. We answer your questions and explain the breakdown of trucking insurance. No rush. No pressure. We realize this is a big investment on your part.
Getting the right commercial truck insurance in place for you new authority is critical in the success of your trucking operation.
We offer the right combination of coverage to suit your needs. And we are here to answer your questions about each and every coverage.
- Primary liability
- Motor Truck Cargo
- Physical damage
- Reefer breakdown
- Excess liability
- We will discuss you options with you until we have help you find the correct coverages at the best pricing.
In many cases from the form below we can request quotes from six different insurance companies.
High risk fleet insurance - High risk owner operators truck insurance
You may be high risk to one trucking insurance company but not another. JDW can find out for you.
- Large shock losses
- Multiple alerts
- Truck insurance cancellations by the current provider
- Conditional safety ratings
- High CSA scores
- High SMS scores
- High out of service percentages (OOS)
- Elevated CAB scores
- High loss frequency
- New venture truck insurance
- Poor credit scores
- State assigned risk pool
- High-risk cargo
- One of the most important thoughts concerning dealing a cancellation or non-renewal is you may be high risk to one insurance company but not another.
- The other is if you are being non-renewed or cancelled it could just be you are not a fit for your current commercial truck insurance company. Insurance companies change who what and where they like to insure all time. And in many cases you only find this out by a non-renewal notice.
It does not matter to JDW why you are being cancelled or non-renewed. We are here to help.
- Rates are to high?
- Bad CSA scores?
- High loss runs ratios?
- Safety ratings?
- High HOS?
- This list can go on and on.
From start ups to seasoned trucking company. Having the correct hazmat policy endorsement is critical in protecting your business.
Hazardous Materials & Hazardous Waste Haulers Coverages:
• Auto Liability • Auto Physical Damage • Excess over Primary
• Motor Truck Cargo • Commercial General Liability (CGL) for truckers
$1,000,000 CSL Excess Auto limits up to $5,000,000 excess of $1,000,000 CGL / Products Pollution Coverages:
• Commercial General Liability (CGL)
• Products Pollution
• Environmental Impairment Liability (EIL)
• Contractors Pollution Liability (CPL)
• Commercial Excess Liability (Umbrella) $10M excess of $1M
Hazmat Insurance for Truckers
- Class 1 – Explosives
- Class 2 – Gases
- Class 3 – Flammable Liquid
- Class 4 – Flammable Solid
- Class 5 – Oxidizing Substances ; Organic Peroxides
- Class 6 – Poisonous (Toxic) and Infectious Substances
- Class 7 – Radioactive Material
- Class 8 – Corrosives
- Class 9 – Miscellaneous Dangerous Goods
- Petroleum Haulers
- Crude Oil Haulers
- Propane Distribution
- Petroleum Jobbers
- Heating Oil Delivery
- Chemical Haulers
- Liquid Nitrogen Haulers
- Explosives Haulers (Class 1.1-1.5)
- Terminal Coverage
Cargo Insurance for Hazmat Haulers
A.1., paragraph a. of the CA9948 endorsement, the endorsement says that the coverage provided by CA9948 applies except for liability assumed under a contact or agreement. In other words, if the crash had a pollution spill caused by the insured’s negligence, the CA9948 endorsement would provide coverage. But if the pollution event was caused by the shipper loading the load and the load escaped because of the negligence of the shipper loading the load, there would not be coverage for the shipper even if the insured held the shipper harmless (in an insured contract). The endorsement provides coverage to the insured but not to any other negligent party even if the insured agreed to under a written agreement to hold them harmless.
To address the possible need of the Transportation Pollution stand-alone policy would be if the insured held someone harmless for their negligence, the CA9948 would not consider the agreement an insured contract but the stand alone policy might. I say might because not all Transportation Pollution stand-alone policies are uniform.
One other consideration, even if the individual who is a motor carrier holds a customer (shipper) harmless if the contract is subject to state laws where the law has an anti-indemnification provision (42 states have such laws – all but Mississippi, Ohio, Delaware, New York, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Vermont and New Hampshire) the contract cannot be enforceable because of state laws.
Other possible needs for a stand-alone Transportation Pollution policy (remember policy wording could be different) if the insured has other responsibilities beyond transportation like loading and unloading with a mechanical device not attached to the covered auto, flatbed operation hauling 55 gallon drums of oil, motor carrier is required to unload the drums and uses a forklift and while unloading the forklift turns over and drum hits the ground and opens and oil escapes. An AL policy with CA9948 would not address because of Exclusions 7 and 8 – GL would not address because insured brought the oil to the accident location, so stand-alone policy could address loss. If insured has any responsibility beyond hauling the load, has any contractual responsibility and is under a state law without anti-indemnification provision then the stand-alone policy would be needed.
Lastly, of course if the AL carrier would not provide the CA9948 endorsement, the stand-alone policy would be needed.
Is it worth looking into a stand-alone pollution policy? Probably – Would it provide protection that CA9948 does not – Maybe, but depending on the wording of the stand-alone policy, the availability and or cost of the CA9948 endorsement or if the insured does more than provide transportation.
By: Tommy Ruke
JDW has programs which will allow out of state drivers and will allow you to run and grow your company the way you want to -
Years in Business is determined by the numbers of years you have had continuous insurance in place.
- If you are a new authority only certain trucking insurance companies will offer quotes. In most cases we have up to 5 who may offer us quotes for your company. And they can have restrictions, as most, to the type of cargo they will insure.
- Going into your third year of Years in Business starts opening up more insurance companies we can request quotes from on your behalf. And at this point we should be able to find your better pricing without sacrificing coverages.
- JDW has a large network of insurance companies we can shop and compare for you based upon your Years in Business. Be 1,2,3,4,5 or more. This is very important.
- JDW also has access to the specialty markets based your years in business. Be it a start up, 3 plus year and 5 plus years.
The standard for getting your drivers approved by the insurance company starts with:
- Having a Class A CDL for at least two years.
- Some will require three years with a CDL and if you play by their rules this can lead to savings.
- No DUI, reckless driving charges or speeding of 15 miles a hour over the posted speed limit in the past five years.
- No more than two tickets.
- No more one at fault accident.
There are many factors an insurance company will look at before offering you quotes. It is important to work with a commercial trucking insurance agent who knows which insurance company puts more weight on the different factors in determining your rates.
JDW knows trucking insurance and the trucking insurance companies. We are here to answer your questions.
The insurance companies have what is called different appetites for the type of cargo they will insure. Not only knowing which insurance companies will insure which type of cargo is important. But as equal is working with a truck insurance specialist who have the contacts to get your cargo insured at the best rates.
Contact us today. We are here to answer your questions.
|Form||Description||Authorities Subject to Filing|
|BMC-91 or BMC-91X||Public liability insurance (bodily injury/property damage/environmental restoration)||
|BMC-34 or BMC-83||
|BMC-84 or BMC-85||
|BOC-3||Service of Process Agents||All Authorities|
|MCS-90||Endorsement for Motor Carrier Policies of Insurance for Public Liability under Sections 29 and 30 of the Motor Carrier Act of 1980|
Many brokers will have financial rating requirements for the insurance companies who can insure you and you be able to get loads. This is important to know when we are setting up your policy. We do not wish to sell you a policy and you find out after the fact you can not get loads due to the AM Best rating of the insurance company being to low.
We will have this conversation with you and give you advice how to find out which insurance company is right for your trucking operation.
But if you are not getting one on one personalize customer service. Well things can go south. When you work with JDW Truck Insurance. You will not be speaking with a stranger every time you have questions or need support for your trucking operation.
If we need to have a conversation at 9 pm or Saturday afternoon. That can be arranged.
We have an endorsement email address to quickly monitor your changes in your operation. For example adding or removing equipment and drivers. And running MVR for new hires at no charge
Our free 24/7 COIs can be a game changer. Never miss a load no matter the day or the time of day for not having a COI. In many cases the brokers you are working with want the COI to come from the insurance agency. And that is how ours works.
Commercial Truck Insurance Companies Amarillo, Texas